9/06/2005

Time for Work

8AM Tuesday after a weekend holiday. The kids are gone. My dear love is back to work. Red is asleep. All is quiet again. It's been a great holiday. The kids were angels really.

My husband came and sat by me a while ago and asked me to pray for him before he went to work. I know he can't be feeling good. His arm hurts. His stomach hurts (6 wks. of antibiotics), and he feels pretty rough. He's one tough cookie and hasn't missed a day of work. But, we're not sure the x-ray showed enough calciom build-up last week for him to get the pins out Thursday after all...so he's rightfully bummed out and trying to not talk or think about it. We'll know for sure tomorrow. He's tried to take it easy and feels guilty for the knocks and bumps it's taken now. (I made the pic tiny because it's kind of graphic. Click it if you want to see it. Still makes me kind of weak to be honest and I've seen it for almost six weeks.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Going to go sit with the Lord for a while...see what He's thinking about for me to do today.


11:10 Took a refreshing jump into the freezing pool with the Lord. He wanted to swim, but the dive was all I could handle. Then, He wanted to fertilize the flowers, so we did that.

I read: Psalm 51 (click here to read): it's all awesome to read...but I loved: "Tune me in to foot tapping songs" The Message--E.P.).

Sounds like a plan...I'll
listen to RCs new September edition today, sure to please. (I posted his picks in the sidebar--I hope to get links to iTunes with the songs for easy download).

The Message now available in personal leather size! When did that happen, the day after I bought my hardback cardboard? Man! Anyway...if you buy The Message (which I highly recommend for personal devotional reading), buy a copy with another version you like "parallel", or you will constantly be wondering how other versions read--kept me from enjoying it as much as I could have the first year I tried reading it. Also, the youth version, "Remix", offers verse numbers, which is also helpful.

Check out U2/ Bono connection to Eugene Peterson. Cool story.





No comments: