9/19/2005

Monday Stuffs

My son came to me and said he had a surprise that was "better than nothin". I said, "What?" He said, "Well, at least it's better than nothin'...or at least I think it is!"

I now have Transformers.com wallpaper on my previously blank desktop. Hmmm. Better than nothin', huh? Not sure I concur. Not sure I like Transformers (the cartoon) at all, but he is a boy and all that.
Today has been a fun day:
  • A friend in labor with her fourth baby...better her than me!
  • Played CandyLand with my 4 yr. old--had a hoot.
  • Played checkers with Blondie...how dramatic.
  • And broke a string on my guitar. Not sure how that ties in...but, I'm working on a speedier change and did it fairly fast. I used to detest it when the guys left the strings uncut after a quick change...now I know the temptation. I think I'm going to have to switch to medium weight soon. Keep having breaks I beat and bang on it so much. Shoot...can't even force myself to cut my nails yet for this whole venture. (Well...I see some females get away with it on TV. I know I'm not on TV! Still.)

Was asked to lead worship Sunday night of the 9th. EEeeek. Always fun to think about and dream about, but actually doing it is, well, another test of the latest deoderant. Oh, come on, now. Like nobody else gets an adreline freak out. Get real!

I'm sure it will be "fun". I honestly think the hardest part is learning to relate-- how to connect with the group. In our case, it's more of a mixed group age-wize, familiarity is key, energy, cheerleading. (And here's Miss Reflective up to bat. Hopefully I have an alter ego somewhere stashed away!)

I'll enjoy the challenge of preparing and seeing what God does and undoubtedly realizing how much I still have to learn.

Blessings to you.
Me

No comments: