9/07/2005

Thankful for Little Things

Yesterday it just seemed like nothing worked out. One of those days. Nothing major, just a day of minor catosphrophies and stressed all heaped into a time frame too small for my tear ducts. I actually slept with a stuffed bear my brother got me once last night. Mr. Bear in his Navy sweater. Love it.

Today, I put on a favorite straw hat my husband got me on our first family vacation, and a dress that twirls when I spin (yes, I did), and went to hang out at my husband's office for a while, got some good news, and shopped for more OJ for Red and Caffeine Free Diet Dr. Pepper (like four cases, of which my husband just asked me about. I am so with it today).

I have come upon something rather remarkable today. Just when I was getting insecure that I was writing more than any blogger alive, I read Shlog's blog today. I now have confidence in myself again. Not to take away from the gravity of his message, just an observation.

I have heard much to add to his experiences today. My refugee friend's husband and father went down to inspect their house again. They got in. Not much to safe. The roof collapsed. She is hoping to save her one print she's ever bought, a Thomas Kincade. I'm not sure if they did or not. They got a few pictures out. Said the stench was enough to naseate the men every few feet. I guess you've heard it all on the news. I have kids at home and haven't been able to see or hear much. One friend said, "Can you imagine just the smell of that many freezers going bad?

They were telline me all this during church supper, which I truly appreciated.

My friend and her little ones are coming tomorrow. She said she would have come back already, but she was mainly crying all day. I told her she didn't have to feel like coming, but that I wanted her to come on out anyway. Pray I will find something to say or do to give her some peace, rest, and relief.

I just tucked my own kids into bed. My youngest still thanks God for God. They all say, "And thank you God for Jesus, Amen." at the end of their "thankfuls". My daughter has decided all day to go without her top on. Disconcerting to my nine year old, but the end of summer. They all wanted their own separate books tonight, and acted like "I Love My Mommy" was going to be a complete mushy dud. Until I started.

It was about a Mother Bear and her cub. Soon as a started that one, they all got curious and wanted to see the pics. Nobody came running for LarryBoy, or to see Chicken Soup for the Soul pictures, but they wanted to see why Baby Bear went CRASSSSHHHH! Funny what captivates.

Well, there I go on the Mommy sap stuff.

Just thankful for the routine things now more than ever!

~Me

No comments: