9/21/2005

My New Stool

Last night was a momentous occassion...my husband and I picked out a vanity stool with me for my bathroom sink.

I say momentous because this has always been a great desire of his, for me to have a place to sit down when I get ready, brushing my long tresses in my evening gown, him putting on my pearls.

After 13 years of marriage, I am now able to sit, should I so desire.

Generally, I prefer to stand and am in too big of a hurry throwing thrings together to enjoy the whole "getting ready" experience.

My children are in the room, banging on the door, or "morning whiney".

But, I do like the romance of the fantasy.

In actuality, I'm in overalls trying to correct near blindness as I put in my contacts. Actually, I'm just practicing for the big moment...trying to learn to sit to curl my hair and all.

It's like trying to sit to play keyboard...I'm just not sure I can get the hang of it.

But, for the goal, I will try.

It's a lovely stool. I might change the fabric to go with the bathroom more eventually, but it's cushy and has nice detail on wooden legs.

Traditional...I like it.

No comments: