9/10/2005

Got up extra earlier today to ride...a great thick fog over creation...trees, swamps, everything covered in a blanket of grey mist. Even the ugly dead trees were deceptively beautiful.

Just the standard 12.5 mi. Took some allergy meds that pulled me down-- have to sing tomorrow--trying to clear up. Those of you who sing know the drill. Uggh. Early service has it's drawbacks.

Getting ready to top the ride off with chocolate chip pancakes. I'd never made them until a band members wife told me about them. Make the cakes (bisquick plus a T. of lemonjuice, a teaspoon of baking soda, and a pinch of salt for extra fluff, oh, and a dash of vanilla--"secret family recipe"), then cook (reducing temp with every batch), and add chips right before you flip 'em, careful not to have the pan too hot or it will burn the chocolate, which smokes like the dickens and sets off the fire alarm.

Today is Saturday. Will be hard to beat yesterday. The perfect day. I felt so refreshed. The kids were a joy. Housework was a pleasure. Nowhere to go...peaceful. The laundry was even a joy. Did every stitch...even the put away part. Today I'll vaccum. The housecleaning extraordinaire I am not, but I do try to get it tidy. If I vaccum it all once a month it's a miracle.

The chipmunks tell me it is 9--the promised hour for chocolate dough!

No comments: