9/17/2005

Convicts & PDAs

Today I got up to bike at 6AM to this email. "Two convicts have escaped from the area correctional center. Watch for two men described as..."

Okay, so Mace was in my stash today. Made it interesting. Always drama. It's COOl this morning. Felt cold at first, then good, not I can't decide if I'm hot or cold, but I'm damp and chilled. Here's a handy note: take Kleenex in cold weather. Need I say more.

My dear husband got up and checked the air in my tires this morning! Way major points. I didn't even mention. He worked on my chain this week, but there must be a problem still. It fell and got hung once and I wasn't even shifting. Was going from low to high one gear and lost it completely once, and couldn't make it up the hill without stopping to get it to stay tight enough to shift. I don't know much about all this, but something there sounds off to me.

Work that hard to catch up, chain hits the ground...not an encouraging feeling. I couldn't decide whether swearing or crying would be best and in the conflict to choose, could do neither.

Still did 12.5 miles in 51 minutes. Avg. about 13.5 mph. A truck followed us for a while. What can we say? Yeah, yeah. Un-nerving to hear an engine rev behind you for a quarter mile. Get me a little closer with that mace and...well. Be fun to test it out on an annoying little...

Nah, that stuffs expensive. I'll save it.

Starting to get a hankering for categories to store my blogs on. Then again, I'd have to learn to talk about one subject per post...how boring is that? (Okay, okay, I actually admire the organized mind....just not willing to make the jump today). The first two hacks I tried didn't work, so I guess we'll keep fishing for that one. I think my site looks pretty good for blogger. Not perfect, but not bad. Yes, I had TypePad envy...but, I'm commited to fiscal responsibility. Sort of. Most of the time. I do try.

On organizing:
Found a blog post last night that cracked me up. As a stay at home mom, just now really figuring out what a PDA and iPod is, okay. So, I see
this post and am like...fealing pretty hip again...so with the flow of trend.

Get annoyed with the cost of paper planning? Have trouble finding the right size for your planner locally? Want to be a DIY planner? Here you go...
http://www.diyplanner.com/templates/official/beginner. Pretty cool idea! I've got several planners here and there--but, I will want to change the categories to suit my passions, then have no paper suitable for the purpose. I'm into this. I don't stay organized for long, but I really like the thought of being organized and the process of getting organized. One day, it will be necessary for me to be organized. My day has been planned for me thus far according to "diaper categories". How long until the next diaper/How many diapers left? How well do the diapers work?/ Diaper coupons./Diaper accesories./Diaper stops/Diaper Trash cans.

Well, you get the idea. So glad to take that section out of my "planner". That section was my planner. And with the smell, really, who needs the planner. I was carrying enough already...in diapers!

Enough rambling for Sat. am. Have a good one!

No comments: