9/16/2005

Memorizing

I tell you, everytime I take a class that asks me to memorize some scripture, I am at first thinking, "Oh, I know that, I've heard that one all my life." And by about the third week, if we REALLY do review them and are REALLY held accountable for that memory work, HOW MUCH those things affect my thinking and life as they sit there during the day, waiting for my rehearsal.

So far, I still cannot roll them off the tongue as quickly as I want to be able to. When I can, I will type them as fast as they come out. Right now, that would still take far too much work! I want to review them until it is easy...until my mind has absorbed them as "me". Not something outside.

So far, "the vine", "the obedience", and "laying down daily". That's about all I can do quickly. If I REALLY thought about it, or got started, I could get it all, but I want to be able to say it quickly with the references and all this time around. Not just so that I can...so that I know. Know Him. Right now, the goal itself caused me to remember peices and tangents all day of the verse as my brain tries to take it apart and put it back together. Is causing my mind to work in new direction every day. I love that aspect...don't you get tired of thinking the same thoughts in the same patterns every day?

Part of the "winds of change".

Any cheerleading appreciated.

No comments: