9/22/2005

A Good Time Had By All

We had called the guys to come close the pool today, but the weekend looks so hot, we cancelled. One more weekend of fun in the sun! I'll prep it again next week --hopefully not too many leaves will fall early! More every day now.

My husband suggested last night to his parents and brother that we skip eating out as planned and gather here to celebrate birthdays. I was a little worried about getting it all done. His Dad is allergic to anything with tomato sauce (3/4 of my menu items) and chococate (3/4...) and strawberries (...) and bananas (? what's left?) . But, he picked up Fried Chicken & slaw on the way home...I bought some huge baked potatoes, fixed baked beans, two favorite desserts, frozed country style bisquits, sweet pickles, and cherry tomatoes from the "garden". (Those came up volunteer from someone's previous planting year's ago, but I still call them my "garden"...just makes me feel good to have a "garden".)

His mom brought mac & cheese (the real kind out of Velveets...Mmmm)and fried apples (fresh from the orchard...delic.)

I always get nervous serving my in-laws, but it was a super meal and we had a great and relaxing time. Having the space now for extra people helps! Thank you merciful, Lord! Finally! I mean, in your perfect time, as always.

Well, I've commited to get to bed earlier. I've been running on ~fUmEs ~ this week. Tomorrow I will have something inspirational, instructional, moving, and challenging to set before the world. I feel it coming on... (after some sleep).

~Me!

No comments: