9/07/2005

On Blogging

A friend gave me some much needed advice on the whole blog thing yesterday.

Isn't it neat when people see you struggling with something they know you want to do and offer a word of encouragement at just the right time? God is neat that way in encouraging us in the "I don't know what I'm doing or why" moments.

I'll keep working at the whole blog thing and being myself without feeling like my life is a soap opera for people to tune into...some kind of spectator sport or something.

Yes, I should just have fun with it, and, you know what? I really am! I like sharing weird things, inspirational things, information -- without feeling like I'm filling friends mailboxes with things they don't need or want to read that day. You only come or read if you want to, not because I put it there and expect you to read it.

I like to write and speak what's on my mind -- whether it's a fully developed thought or not, not expecting or even necessarily asking for a response.

It's not a book. I may feel differently tomorrow than I do today! Just where I am in a given moment, on a given day. That's all. May seem petty, could be self-centered, might be too deep, or possibly seen too light, but... it's here, and, to me, it's worth talking about.

I emailed several friends yesterday to catch up and have heard from a few. I liked just being able to say, "How are you? Praying for you!" without feeling the need to catch up. It's here, and that's cool. Sometimes I think when I share here, I forget to share with my spouse, or others, assuming they know, or could if they wanted to...so remembering to keep sharing when I need to in person is taking some getting used to.

My husband finds out if he gets the pins out today--high stress day (see yesterday's post). But, I know God has it under control.

Gotta go get snacks for Red!

1 comment:

terrible speller said...

I like your blog, keep being real. Thanks for listing my site on yours.