9/05/2005

Biking, Fruit Pizza, and Birthday Gifts

  • THE RIDE

Today's bike ride went much better--got sleep, added a carb load, air in my tires, brakes fixed, cold water...ready to roll. We paced much better today. Chained slipped off on a major hill we added, and that was not fun, but got it back on in 7 secs or so. I didn't even need to use Avalon's "Oxygen" remix.

As for drama, we both just about got run over by a truckwho was backing out not EVEN looking. Trowing gravel, otherwise scaring the daylights out of both of us!

All in all, a GREAT ride, few pedestrians on the trail. 18 miles. Wow. We are sad the holiday was over. The wind was cool and sweet today.

Don't you love it when people push you when you'd rather go sit on your tail end?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  • THE FOOD


The fruit pizza was delicioso. My husband didn't get a peice, so I had to make him another tonight. Mmmm. Just look at that and let your mouth water.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  • UNUSUAL GIFT

The gifts just keep rolling in.

This older friend has to be well loved. She bought me wrinkle cream. I mean, like seriously. Not a prank.

I'd told her I'd tried a sample of and liked, for such an occassion as I should ever need one, or felt like battling the effect of UV (not TIME...good grief). But, I told her I'd never buy it for myself. She remembered this little tidbit of information from a casual conversation months ago, and I have to say, I was touched that she remembered.

You've reached a new milestone in life when you are both touched and humored when a friend buys you your favorite eye wrinkle cream for your birthday.

I know it says that on the overpriced bottle: "eye wrinkle cream".
But, it's PREVENTIVE. (I really do like the gold touches and speciality box they put it in. With the cost of the stuff, I think I could black market the gold sealed box alone.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  • SeNTiMeNTaL GiFts

My Dad lives about an hour and a half away. He dropped by a Willow Tree figurine for my birthday--I found it out on the porch table before I went out to ride. It says on the little card: "Celebrating the bond of love between fathers and daughters."

Hear me now: If you want to make someone in your life all mushy...just buy them one of these little wood carved figurines. Does it every time! There I am in riding gloves, biking helmet and spandex crying --so much for geared up and ready to kick tail today.

Thanks, "Daddy". (Gets 'em every time).

No comments: