10/02/2005

RC CCM Guesstimates for October 2005

Here it is...RC's Guesstimates for October 2005. With his very own comments

(edited for a female's blog on the BarlowGirl comment...*ahem".) Enjoy.
Oh, and the song I was raving abut about earlier this week is on here! "What If" by Nicole Nordeman. Also, REALLY like the remake "What Are You Waiting For" (more notes below on background).

Whoever is doing video next Sunday night is going to be hearing from me on a make with it...(anybody out there?!) To be fair, the more I've listened to September's, the less "hard" it's seemed...or maybe familiarity is helping me "block" the ones I don't get into as much. Anyway...great stuff there, too! Go to iTunes and have yourself a treat. Great CD for October. Whew. Lovin' it, lovin' it. Set the alarm and it took me 45 minutes to get out of bed this morning. I wake better to NPR!
*--------------------*
Interview with the INfamous "RC" (sort of makes you think "not famous" that word? Continuing...)

Me: Give us the run down of your awesomely awesome guesstimates, pLease, and just why don't you give us some group info as you go this time?

RC: Well, you asked for it. Here's a start:

Come To Jesus ~ Third Day (Hello. Third Day. Enough said)
Perfect Day ~ Josh Bates (Casting Crowns is the backup band for this song. Good stuff)
One More Night ~ Inhabited (Had never heard them before. They have a track on the new WOW Hits 2006 coming out next week.)
Amen ~ Shaun Groves (This will be released as a single in the middle of October). His other single his label released in September for CHR – Christian Hit Radio – was called What’s Wrong With This World. I may use that one on down the line.
Only To You ~ By The Tree (Ooooo, a good praise band song)
What Are You Waiting For ~ Natalie Grant (A remake of a song done by Lindsey Lohan. The songwriter, Bridget Benenate, is a Christian songwriter. The version by Lohan was on the soundtrack to “Confessions Of A Teenage Drama Queen.” More info than you wanted to know)
All To You ~ Lincoln Brewster (I love this song. It’s the live version off his new CD. Has a two minute guitar solo that is just awesome.)
My Redeeming King ~ Jadon Lavik (Another praise band song)
You Are The Sun ~ Sara Groves (Nice play on words in this one)
With His Love – Sing Holy ~ David Phelps (Yet another praise band type song)
Walk On In ~ Iconoclast (Reminds me of Jars Of Clay. Might be the violins and harmonies. Good stuff)
Let Go ~ BarlowGirl (Last song I was waiting for to finish this one.)
The Line Between The Two ~ Mark Harris (Was going to put this on the last one but it got squeezed out)
Waiting For The World To Fall ~ Jars Of Clay (Off the Narnia Soundtrack)
What If ~ Nicole Nordeman (What if you are wrong and what if I’m right. Cool song)
Forever ~ Overflow (Nice ballad)

Me: Wow! Sounds great. Tell us about your track record for the WOW 2006 CD soon to be released.

RC: Yeah, well, I mentioned WOW Hits 2006 earlier. I got to see the rundown for all of the 34 songs that will be on it. I covered 28 of them this past year.

Me: Whoa, that's pretty good! Good ear. You must've been a DJ?

RC: It's true.

Me: So, what songs did you miss? 'Fess up.

RC: Alright, well, the songs I did not get this year were:
Carry You ~ Amy Grant. That’s what my CDs have been missing – AMY...what? You don’t agree?

Me: You know what I think. A standard, okay. Great Christmas album. Too much cross-over. Am I thinking of my lover or my Lord...confuses the heck out of me as a listener, though I recognize and appreciate the allegory and all.

RC: Okay...well, also,

All My Praise ~ Selah (Just couldn’t get into that one. Sorry)
Better Days ~ Robbie Seay Band (This is still really new music)
Be My Escape ~ Relient K (Thought about adding this one but it didn’t seem to fit)
The Way It Began ~ Krystal Meyers (Have this song and included it in on an earlier version of one of the CDs but it just didn’t fit)
Open My Eyes ~ Inhabited (Again, had not heard of them before iTunes)

Me: Well, not too bad!

You probably need to mow the lawn now after all this iTunes listening, so we'll let you go.

You still owe me a soda.

After our week, better make it two...the hubbie is crumping!

RC: Anytime.

We thank RC for that awe inspiring interview.

Just remember, you heard it hear first, at THE PURPOSE DRIVEN BLOG.

(Why I didn't come up with a more original name? To remind myself, and anyone else, that there IS a point to this whole "blog" thing for me. YUP! When you determine what it is...let me know. Just kidding.)

Well, there you have it.

Not enough? Okay. I'll close with this...Shut the office door (not offensive, but loud), give yourself two minutes, turn up the volume, and click here for a most unusual phonecall.

Signing off.

~Moi.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definite agreement with Iconoclast. Realizing that I need to expand my musical tastes a little now that I am listening to <>< music so I appreciate the review.