10/08/2005

Party? Anyone?

I do not do parties to buy products.

I don't have parties to sell products.

If you do, that's okay...I still like you.

But, understand that this has been my philosophy for about five years due to a less than totally positive experience--mainly due to hosting my first party, but also outrageous shipping and less than stellar payouts on the "lifetime guarantee" pitches. I mean, it was a smash...everyone had a blast. I got some "good deals", and am still happy with what I bought. But I felt guilty and blew my budget on mine. Then when you had one, I could not support yours. I felt guilty that you helped me do mine. I could not get sucked into the party thing for the next thing you were interested in...I was tired. And I think it's hard to remain objective when there is only one line being sold. Of course it's The BEST! The BEST deal for the quality. ??? Sometimes.

Anyway, my life is much less stressful with the whole financial/budget thing if I just stay away from parties where there is an expectation that I will support you and your friend and your interests to be there. I'd rather compare prices, not have my friendships wrapped in financial ventures, and time people don't seem to have to socialize spent selling. Money sure motivates people to do what they wouldn't dare do before...get together and just have a good time talking about things they like, for example.

Now, burgers and chocolate dessert? I'll be there. Bring a friend! Get a free door prize!!!

Sort of.

I did say chocolate~!

~Me

No comments: