11/04/2005

XYZ and Ambiance

Today. My main goal today was to get to the point of feeling rested. I feel like I've woken up with a hangover all week from staying up too late. I never could go back to sleep, but I laid in bed until I felt more rested/bored/tackled by Red.

I started up the fire and sat there to get warm and just rest a while.

I ran a super hot bath. My primary goal today was to slow down enough to shave my legs well. I put my contacts in before the bath and hit every part of my ankle and knee...you know, those parts that get skipped around if you are in a hurry. I was either going to have to slow down or add beads.

I took the two month old polish off my toes. Aaaah.

I had a quiet time in the morning. Aaah....well, I thought it would be an "Aaaah", but I was really just too tired for it. You know your priorities need readjusting when you don't want to read the Bible because you just can't deal with yet another part of your day someone or something dictating what you are supposed to be doing again. I think God understands. I think that's when He says, "That's too tired. You've been too busy. Slow down for a day and Sabbath with me today."

These are the days when I end up getting a few XYZ things done, but not because they are on the schedule. I'm just enjoying. Just doing a few extras to feel ahead. I've found lately that these days are my best form of recovery.

I feel guilty. So much I could have done: birthday shopping, early Christmas shopping, odd and end painting. But, doing that stuff dog tired? What's the point? I'd just be even more cranky...probably end up with a headache. So, I hope to prioritize those things soon...on a good day. So, on my list: self, get to bed earlier so that you feel more like doing some "hard jobs".

Tonight a friend is cooking supper for our family. What a TREAT! Truly a day of rest I needed.

Well, back to my day of renewal. Need to write a few cards. I think I'll go outside and hear the rustling drying leaves to do it...much like the sound of rain or the ocean as the wind gusts back and forth today. Very nice, touch, Lord! Thanks for the ambiance.

~Me

No comments: