11/20/2005

That Time of Year


I don't know who these people are, but we're having a little better luck!

Today, the weather warm, my husband is heading up Christmas lights on the roof. A huge relief to me.

I get the tight spots where he can't fit (and, ironically, it's more likely for someone to fall off.)

This year, he made a rope of twine peiced together to steady me--hopefully, he intended to hold on! Felt a lot more "comfortable". One end is WAY off the ground and steEP!

We put all the little clippies on last year...at $1.25 or so a pack, this seems reasonable, until you realize to put on each light to keep them nice and straight, it requires like 50 packages! So, already having those perforated and attached, we are "booking" comparatively. A whole afternoon, but going well.

I can say that...I'm on break inside typing.

Guess I should start hauling some trees in while I have eager beavers in here begging me to do something to decorate. The mood will pass...about that time! I promise my husband we won't turn lights on until after Thanksgiving...a family rule, but if I don't actually turn the lights ON, we'd sure be way ahead. Hmmm. Guess I'd better clean the junk out of my Town and Country so I can make all those seats disappear. Gee, gotta tell ya...I LOVE that van! Somebody was thinking about little Mommies with busy husbands when they designed seats that drop into the floorboard. Thank YOU!

~Me!

No comments: