11/03/2005

Plum Tuckered Out

The party was fun. The guys brought fried chicken. I cooked sides and dessert and bought the gift. My sister in law helped me assemble and clean up. I have the best three sisters in law in the world. I have no sisters, so they are such a treat for me. Somebody washed my supper dishes tonight...that's what that all means. WOW! I usually tucker out before that chore and leave it until morning when I'm not falling face forward into the sink.

Today I worked so hard on that little scrapbook gift. It took longer than I expected, but it turned out like a year in review minibook. I printed all the pics at wallet size, and the book was a small spiral bound from Wal*Mart for 99cents...so quite economical.

She loved it.

It got so fat it wouldn't come close to looking like it was closing, so I made my own string close feature I was proud of. I used silk flowers for the first time to embellish, and lots of ribbons sticking out. I'll try to post pics of it tomorrow. I'm beat tonight. Been in bed past 1 every night this week. I've got to get back into a routine. I think I just adore Fall so much that I don't want to miss a second of it. When Winter comes, it seems all you do is eat and sleep, so I just don't want to sleep. Eating, I have no problem with. Lately, I'm hungry every hour of the day and late into the night. Moments I still wonder if I could be pregnant, but I don't think I am. I don't think I want to be really. But, there are times when I hate that season of my life is coming to a close. Times I celebrate it loudly...no more diapers, extra bags, carseats, drain.

I love pictures and words...I think if I had a dream job other than helping people, it might be magazine advertising.

Today I fixed something. I love to fix broken things. I bought a circle cutter for about $20 or so and either the circle slid as I made the cut, or the template, or something. I could never get it to work. Well, I realized when I got it I hadn't started using double sized tape yet, and I was only taping the corners of the paper. I zipped that tape all the way across tonight, and WOW. I have GREAT circles. I also put 3-D ZOT glue dots on the cutting board to keep it steady. Those glue dots are my new favorite tool.

Okay, well, so this is boring the men...I'll move on.

I read a statement in Master Life last night that helped settle my innards on the whole "self centered", "deny yourself" conversation. It said, "To deny yourself does not mean to deny individuality, it means to deny self as the center of focus".

Hmmm. Good challenging thought.

Well, a have a paper volcano to try to straighten up in my guest room, a Bible Study to start for Part II of MasterLife if I can stay awake long enough, recipes to get ready for the school cookbook, and a daughter's birthday to start planning for next week. Strawberry Shortcake, here we come!

Plum Tuckered Out,
~Me

No comments: