4/12/2006

Prayer for Wednesday

Today I'm reminded...

That I can't do everything--
and it frustrates me.
And I can't be everything--
and it frustrates me.
And I can't be everywhere--
and it frustrates me.
And I can't help everyone--
and it frustrates me.

But I know that I can still do something
And I can be something
And I can be somewhere
And I can help someone

Lord, today...let me
allow you to be you,
and me to be me.
I am not you
I don't have to be.

You can do everything
Be everything
Be everywhere
Help everyone
And you do
I pray you do
And you hear me
And you are there.

Use me. Fill Me.
Keep me where I need to be.
In your rest. Your joy. Your peace.
In the center of my purpose,
my destiny, my place...

Pleasing to you,
Fulfilled in that.
Satisfied with that
Enough in that.
Trusting you with the rest.
Joyfully.
For you are good...
and you can work everything for good.

~Me

1 comment:

Mysti said...

Well, since I'm your friend, I have to tell you--you've double posted, dear. ;)

I had nearly the same prayer today, just not so eloquently stated. Peace to you and yours.