4/30/2006

Girly Girl Blessings

wow. this weekend has been so refreshing.

yesterday, a long anticipated shopping date with a friend for her birthday...somewhat overshadowed by the fact that i didn't know-remember her birthdate! But she is so forgiving. we had a wonderful time...she invited me to go spend her birthday money with her anyway...clothes shopping/jewelry shoppin...great sales...great company....great food.

Both daughters having fun playing with cell phone tones pretending to call each other, both sitting in the shopping cart, playing in dressing rooms.

another day of pure delight. I don't deserve it, but thank God for it. O-Charlies belting out Happy Birthday! with the coolest big Af. Amer. announcer guy...he was awesome! Really got into it. Not this pitiful little "I hate doing this" chorus...no way!

The store chain "Goodies" had such great sales-- it was awesome! I'd been hearing about them for weeks and didn't belive it myself until I went yesterday.

I have a hidden appreciation and admiration for sweater sets, but usually don't buy them unless on clearance they get so expensive for two peices. Yesterday, I got this pink, brown, and white cotton sweater-marked down from $47 to $11. Go me!


If that wasn't enough, if you bought two clearance items already marked down to $4-$7, you got the third one free! (Even if you didn't buy a third, they gave 20% off lowest clearance prices.)

I bought some tanks to try to layer, if I can figure that trend out. It helps hold them all in place and keeps everything covered that is supposed to be covered unlike many tanks. So, I'm into that. I've seen some so tight you may as well forget the modestybenefit altogether, but that's another blog.


I also bought a groovy pair of flip flops all embrodered and brown for $15.00 I can't wait to wear. I LOVE flip flops. Totally. I HATE SOCKS!

My friend and I even shopped at a jewelry store for matching jewelry! I got a lot of compliments today, and it was fun. The necklace was only $6.00, but I think I can wear it with a lot of things this summer. We both got the same necklace, which makes it even more fun.

Every now and then, you just need have a need to be girly! Even painted my nails this morning for the occassion.

Okay, so I've been talking about the need for higher level worship, and today was Sunday, but I have to confess
I was so excited to wear a new outfit today! Usually I throw together just whatever I have appropriate for the climate. My worship goals were a bit tainted I suppose! I just wanted to play dress up today! The coolest thing was, it was the most energized and well spoken invigorating worship today also! I got both! I don't know what happened, but my husband and I were just really into it and it was fun and hyper paced and well led. the leadership just seemed in sync and "all there". It was just the coolest day.

You know, I think sometimes, you just need to gear down and have fun and celebrate simple pleasures. Sometimes, you need to stop thinking and just have a good time for a while doing what comes naturally. This has been on of those weekends. Even if I don't get to go out and play, I try to trust the Lord, and I know He'll fix it all...but you know...I think He must have known I needed some "uppers"...so many weighty situations lately I can't do anything about that my smile was gone. Now, I'm smiling again. He cheers me so much! I just love him to death...he is "the fairest of ten thousand to my soul!"

I mean, you know where I've been lately I suppose, maybe not...I can't remember what I've blogged and what I've frustratedly deleted. Anyway, a lot of soul muck it seems, or fatigue, or something. Anyway...a friend even stopped by and brought me flowers Thursday with a personal concern of her own. She ended up ministering to me beyond what she probably even realized. Another friend called the same morning to chat and share and plan a visit.

Sometimes, God calls you to walk alone for a while...and it's so refreshing when He sends people back in to comfort you and share life with you...dust you off, stand you up again. We can really get dusty sitting around by ourselves too long for sure.

I praise my precious Lord today...for knowing my heart and strengthening me in the most unusual, unplanned, unpredictable ways.

I never could have planned a weekend like I got. The word says he blesses us beyond our ability to even ask, and that is so true.

Do you need some refreshing? I have a lot of friends right now who do. I am praying for Him to shower you with blessings in His perfect time for you, too. He will. Trust Him.

This morning our Sunday School devotion was on the beatitudes...for the first time, I read them in The Message, and it spoke to me for many of you. I love having faithful friends I can use as living examples of what the beatitudes mean in our world today. I'm going to copy that text here just for you to read and be encouraged by dear ones.

Matthew 5: The Beatitudes
"You're Blessed"


1When Jesus saw his ministry drawing huge crowds, he climbed a hillside. Those who were apprenticed to him, the committed, climbed with him. Arriving at a quiet place, he sat down 2and taught his climbing companions. This is what he said:

3"You're blessed when you're at the end of your rope. With less of you there is more of God and his rule.
4"You're blessed when you feel you've lost what is most dear to you. Only then can you be embraced by the One most dear to you.
5"You're blessed when you're content with just who you are--no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought.
6"You're blessed when you've worked up a good appetite for God. He's food and drink in the best meal you'll ever eat.
7"You're blessed when you care. At the moment of being "care-full,' you find yourselves cared for.
8"You're blessed when you get your inside world--your mind and heart--put right. Then you can see God in the outside world.
9"You're blessed when you can show people how to cooperate instead of compete or fight. That's when you discover who you really are, and your place in God's family.
10"You're blessed when your commitment to God provokes persecution. The persecution drives you even deeper into God's kingdom.
11"Not only that--count yourselves blessed every time people put you down or throw you out or speak lies about you to discredit me. What it means is that the truth is too close for comfort and they are uncomfortable. 12You can be glad when that happens--give a cheer, even!-for though they don't like it, I do! And all heaven applauds. And know that you are in good company. My prophets and witnesses have always gotten into this kind of trouble.


1 comment:

Mysti said...

So glad you had a great weekend! Let's get together soon!