6/24/2006

Weekend Warriors

Okay, so today did not turn out as I had supposed. First, I wanted to paint the two decks that needed painting. Ever tried to match a paint sample, and well...it ending up involving WAY too many trips back and forth to the paint store? This is one of those tales. Not a happy ending yesterday. Rainy, misty forecast anyway.

You know, after this week, I was really in a mood to GET AWAY. I've burnt all my stress steam cleaning all I wanted to clean and do around the house already this week. But, my Mr. Wonderful had himself a task list like a mile long and I pretty much moped all day deciding whether or not to fold the laundry in the dryer. It is still there.

I did, however, get the kids to help me vac the van and clean the inside windows. This is a first in the life of our van. It just seems pointless to clean the side windows at this stage in the game. But, since they are getting old enough to be trusted with Windex, I thought the lesson might stick.

I asked them if they wanted to do this again NEXT Saturday, just for fun. They were like, "NO!" So, we'll see. I wonder how many Saturdays I could stand it myself. A great mom would whip them into shape, I'm sure.

My husband was Edward Scissorhands for me today...whacking at all my shrubs. Wow. He has gone nonstop all day working out there. I'm impressed.

Tommorrow I'm supposed to sing and play the invitation solo. I've done it before, but this is the first time I've actually had any time to prepare for the event. It seemed it should be memorized...great song, a fav of mine anyway, goes with my "life verse", so I really wanted to learn it. I just got the chorus down on keyboard today. Well, sort of, most of the time. It seems memorized would be easy, but memorization just doesn't come quickly to me...or perhaps I've been doing it wrong, or haven't found a good way, or haven't REALLY needed to much. Anyway...here's goes a try. I've worked on that off and on all day trying to learn it.

My life verse, I've decided lately (at least this decade is from John): "and this is eternal life, that you may know the Father, and the Son, whom He has sent."

The song is "One Pure and Holy Passion" by Watermark (the fact that they are "retiring" as Watermark causes me much sadness. I'm hoping they'll keep doing something for Passion.) But, the song also goes with the Crowder book I'm really into this week: "Praise Habit".

Well, I'm off to see if my sweet friend has posted anything new on her new blog.

I've read a lot late that an indication of a successful blog when you get a lot of comments. I don't know. I have a lot of private friends who'd rather email or are quiet online and prefer to keep it that way. I'm honored a few of you want to 'blog' back, either by email or private blog you share with me. How cool is that?

Thanks! Have fun!

~Me!

1 comment:

Vessel said...

I too love Watermark and am sad they are leaving the scene musically. I could never sing there stuff; too high. But I love there lyrics.