6/07/2006

Vent

You know. I need a good cry right about now. Sometimes the work of life just gets overwhelming. I had to skip church tonight so that I could vaccuum water off my back porch (carpeted) from a monsoon like rain that just hit. I didn't really want to go yesterday because I have so much that needs to be done at home this week. Now that I have to miss, it ticks me off.

My van is skipping...and not out of happiness. I got a letter from the extended warranty company the very next day that it went bankrupt in December.

Don't get me wrong. I had a great day. A friend offered to watch my kids overnight so I could get birthday shopping for Red done today. She was here washing my dishes, helping me get lunch on the table when I got back. Now...that's a friend. She glows with Christ. Servanthood. Selflessness. She was beaming out of the surprise. I love you, friend.

But now...I don't want to work. I want to sit down and have a summer evening.

I don't want to do the laundry. I don't want a spic and span house (though all the "stuff" cleared miraculously wouldn't bother me). I don't want to dry vac. I want the house decorated and furniture bought and walls painted, and trim touched up...

and...then what? Some other work to do to fill my time. To stress me.

So, I guess... why not rest and let it happen as it does? Enjoy it all a little more than I am right now?

Knowing I'm having parties here always totally motivates me to get "stuff" done...and totally overwhelms me because there is SO much to do. I know...I need a schedule to keep from being overwhelmed...and I REALLY hate the word.

What totally overwhelms you? And, more importatly, how do you snap out of it? (Other than getting toasted...which wouldn't really help me out considering).

Me!%$*&^@)( (That's "me"-- spazzed out)

1 comment:

Vessel said...

When the world pushes on, sometimes I get into a hot shower and vent to God. He always has a hug waiting and I feel comforted.
The pressures always start internally and exit externally.
Psalm 143:8
"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul".