8/25/2005

XQ Tips

Keep trying on the X, Q, and Z words.

Hints for the X word:
It's not so much an "attribute". (Think names of God.) Need a basic knowledge of Greek to get it.
The Q word? Hint: The opposite attribute is also true of Him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wednesday:

Last night was fun. Wore my new dress--needed to make a visit to the funeral home. Haven't worn a real dress since sometime in January. Turns out I was a night off on the visitation, so I get to dress up for another funeral home visit tonight! Good thing really. Realized the dress started to feel like a "funeral dress". Why do that to a perfectly good new dress? Next time, I will wear a dress I don't mind "tainting" with the label "funeral home dress".

ON the UPside:
Visited with friends last night on their wonderful new patio. Just sitting there in the breeze under the stars, realizing how God provides the perfect thing people need in His time. It was just an overwhelming moment of worship for the month. Really. I'm so proud of my God. I love it when He takes good care of my friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update on the Cinnamon Rolls:

Today will be another shot at the cinnamon rolls. Three strikes and I may give up.
I hope to get a batch good enough to take to my husband's staff at work.
The first two attempts kept me up half the night; I'm starting EARLY in the day this time. Maybe yeast "yeasts" better in the daytime. Got on line for some help yesterday: had the wrong flour, wrong sugar, wrong spices, wrong milk, wrong margarine, and not enough additives. Other than that...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Painting Again:
Looks like today will be another day of loving my husband by painting the fence outside. Calling for rain tomorrow. Better make hay...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HAVE to clean my kids quarters today...nearly killed myself up there in the middle of the night.
PARENTING TIP: ALWAYS SCOOT FEET ACROSS THE FLOOR IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. Don't ask questions, just do it. You'll thank me later.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To end:

A friend gave me a well-loved reading chair last night she didn't have room for. I'm thrilled.
Read there last night, played my guitar, AND, most importantly perhaps, it kept two kids OUT of my bed last night (I am indebted for life.) They said, "It's so Sooooffft and commmffiieee."

Well, the redhead will be up soon -- my "new" chair calls for coffee.

Finally, A Reading Spot Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joan, thanks for the email. I didn't even know you had a blog and I'm enjoying reading it.

Anonymous said...

It looks so inviting that you may want to consider all of you posing on it with your Christmas duds on for holiday postcards! Ha Ha! We sure count your family a blessing. Have a good weekend.

Melissa