8/18/2005

Watermelon Rines and Corn Cob Nobs


Well, the corncob nubs are bare and the rines are about all that's left of real summer. School starts today.

Mommy has as many jitters as the kids do. To ward off this "lack of control" feeling all us Mommies get this time of year, I started scripture books for both kids to help me pray for things (I meant to teach them this summer.) It's not that we didn't try. We just may not have gotten to full steam yet!

I'm hoping to put as much into the little scripture books as I have been putting into scrapbooks--maybe they'll see them laying around with their names on them and just want to snoop? I want to make it worthwhile. Doesn't every Mom want to say to their kids at some point...would you just go read your Bible or something?! Maybe this will help!

Reading proverbs had a big influence on me as a child...today I am still convicted that the things they need to most work on are also things I need the most work on myself.

First day, well...my daughter had a reaction to the neosporin she put on raw tissue. It swelled up like a big buillon of some kind. Freaked me out. Tried to call Daddy...he'd forgotten his pager today. Finally Got her taken care of after a trip home for the first aid kit and back to the school. Stayed and volunteered for some other emergencies. Locked my keys in the van.

Overall, it looks like I'm adjusting well.

I hope the kids fared better.

Did I mention I have a headache?

No comments: