8/25/2005

Seven Deadly Sins

Okay, so I'm guilty, guilty, guilty...

Here are VideoMaker Magazine's Seven Deadly Camcorder Sins:

1. Headhunting - placing every subject in the center of your frame.
2. Motorzooming - overuse of on-screen zooms.
3. Rooting - staying in one spot instead of looking for interesting angles.
4. Firehosing - panning all over the scene.
5. Upstanding - shooting everything from standing eye-level.
6. Snapshooting - taping only two or three seconds per shot.
7. Backlighting - too much light falling on the background instead of on the subject.

These tips come from VideoMaker's Getting Started page, which has lots more great stuff like what to pack in your camera bag and how to record audio for video. More goodies: Pete's Video Tips, and VideoMaker's guide to buying a digital camcorder.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch. I suck as well.
Los

Joan said...

"Los" also says at "Raggamuffin Soul" (see Blogs for Me To Explore): I'm guilty of them all. Those make me realize that I really do suck at video. Praise God for Justin because before he was on staff, video was on my plate. And according to that link, I am going to video hell. Thanks to Purpose Driven Blog for that bit of disheartening information.
Los

Check out his blog--CUTE KIDS!