8/23/2005

Silence No More

So, today I got over the silence. One day of that and I was about to go nuts.

8:30AM we had an informal praise band practice to see how some new instrumentalists would mesh. We still have some work to do, but I was encouraged at what God is providing.

I had child care for a few hours, so I planned a full and fun day. Visited with three friends at their work that I normally don't get to see. Did some "have-to" shopping and some leisure shopping. Planned a bike ride (selah).

(locked myself out of the house doing so...had to make great time biking to get keys from my husband at work and make it back home in time to go get kids from school. Now, that's motivation to stay moving even with a lot of crosswind and sun!)

Got the kids, took a nap, ate at Tumbleweed, shopped some more, burned trash, did laundry, and cleaned the baths.

Overall, a much more productive day than yesterday! That's better.

I'll have to take the day off tomorrow to recover.

Just kidding.

Lesson for today: The thrill of "playing" lasts about two hours before a new problem or complaint seems to hit. You know, only the thrill of walking with the Lord lasts.

Seize moments--hold eternity in your heart!

No comments: