8/30/2005

Last Day?



Posted by Picasa
So today is my last day being 31! Deep thoughts. Wow. What a year!

This year I didn't even know what day my birthday was on until a friend reminded me! I don't think I wanted to know! Times is passing too quickly!

This will be a fun year...my last year having a "baby" home with me! What will be next? There's a loaded question I don't even want to think about yet! I'm sure it will be exciting.

Some days I want this phase of wholehearted devotion to just last forever (it will). Then again, some days, it is a happy thought to consider not being yelled at all day by tempernmental toddlers! (Okay, I know, teenagers are worse!)

One thing I'm learning this year: Life is very short and worth celebrating!
Make moments count.

A Few Meaningful Quips from 2005:

"I'm coming home early!" My Navy Brother
"It's a boy!" --My brother
"It's a boy!"--My brother
"It's a girl!"--Step-Sister
"I'd still chose you." My husband
"Mom, my tooth is wiggly! See?"--My Daughter
"Sure!"--My Mom :-)
"Any time!" In-Laws!
"It will heal." re: son's broken leg
"We can fix it." re: husband's broken arm
"I'm just missing you all the time!" (Back- to- Work Friend)
"I miss seeing you smile." (Long-lost friend)
"Can I come over?" (Forgiving Friend)
"...I wuv u mucher dan da sky!"--My redhead...awww)
"Let me fix you lunch." -- Compassionate Friend!!!
"It's not life-threatening".--Sick Friend
"It might be better!?" -- Encouraging Friend
"Thanks for being here." -- Gracious Friend
"Want to ride my Harley?"--My Brother
"Sure we can!" -- Faith-filled Friend
"I wanted to talk with you... Friend in Need
"I got email!" Far-Away Friend
"He will live." Re: Cousin in wreck
"We're okay. The van isn't". Our wreck.
"Let's meet every week." -- Beloved Friends
"Let's get together again."--New Friend
"I think you are ready."--Inspiring Friend
"I sure miss your porch."--Beautiful Friend
"...and I don't even like coffee." --Brave Friend :-)
"You make me smile out loud!" --Recovering Friend"

No comments: