8/27/2005

5 Star Food...or Not

Okay, so I've not been to any "star" restaraunts to speak of lately. Ethos is killing me with pics of the food he eats every weekend.

So, Friday, I scheduled a much needed date with my husband (broke his arm 5 weeks ago, so our social life has been, well...anyway, it's been hectic around here).

We went to a new local restaurant. Good thing we went for the band. It was part of an experiment in answer to Los's question posed in the last post. So, I'm 32 and have now been to my first bar intentionally...I mean, you have to go through them to get to the bathroom in most restuarants. I guess they have to go more, so they get the right of way?

Actually, realized it was my husband's first as well, so a new shared experience and lots of interesting conversation around that one!

At least the band was good. 70s music. Used to play with guitarist, just starting to play with the bass (which my son called bass...as in the fish).

So, today is Saturday. The kids are gone, and we are living it up on "big people food". Thus, the picture, commemorating eating real food in my home without the little people going "Ugggh. Do I HAVE to eat this? You put THAT on my plate?! Mooooommm! I don't LIKE this. You're killing me."

Real food. Blessed quiet.

Menu:
*Lean Beef in Angel Hair Spaghetti and Parmesan sauce (don't tell hubbie, he hates Parmesan).
*Fresh Garden Squash (from my sweet elderly neighbor), steamed tender in a Sweet Vidalia Onion Sauce (Mmmm)
*Fresh Garden Salad with Crisp Ranch croutons, Lite Shredded Cheddar, Fresh Bacon, Little Garden Tomatoes growing volunteer outside my fence, Fresh cucumbers (from my sweet neighbor), topped with a Splash of Lemon Juice. Did I say, Mmmm.?
*Fresh Tea made with Splenda (actually liked it sugar addict that I am).

THAT was good. I'll have to cook more often!

No comments: