8/20/2005

Perfect Saturday


Summer Nap

Actually, this pic was from Mother's Day...a nap was the perfect gift! Posted by Picasa

But, it desribes today. Today was one of those random Saturdays that happens maybe once a quarter. No place to be. Stayed in PJs until noon, ate ice cream for breakfast, worked on the blog site, rested and very definately recovered. After a week of running my head off, Aaaaah.

Did have a few hours of manual labor painting on the fence for a while-- until a Summer thunderstorm started to brew, again. Found a huge, thick sheet of plastic in the garage, thankfully!

I love to see my kids "bored" enough to rediscover old toys and turn off the TV.

We ate sandwiches, granola bars, and pizza all day...which menat NO dishes! Aaaah.

I did NO laundry. (Okay, so they are asking for the whites...but they're clean in the dryer.)

I didn't pick up anything until nightfall...toys all over tarnation.

The biggest joy of today: Finding my 6 yr. old daughter in a favorite pink, ultra-feminine, soft Sunday dress with her new back to school hair cut, curled up in the window sill, gazing out, while eating a afternoon chocolate snack.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice day! We all had a day off together and didn't have to do anything! Bryan and Megan went to Subway and got us sandwiches for lunch and he picked up some hardware at Malone's, but other than that, we just sat around and enjoyed each other.

I did one load of laundry, and I washed dishes, and I played my computer game a lot. We don't get many days like that either.

I like your blog. Glad you had a restful day. Looks like your week was wild.

Joan said...

Thanks for reading my blog. My time has been so limited in the last month that it at least keeps people in touch with what's going on with me without my having to type quite so much...and I have a neat record that way, too. It was easy to do. The book section took a while to get all the links straightened out, but I'm enjoying fooling with it.

Glad you had a good weekend, too!